How to get rid of acne
- Peach & Lily Wild Dew Treatment Essence: this has hyaluronic acid that is properly formulated to sink deep into skin and bind moisture to where it's most needed. In fact, we include short, medium and long chain molecules of hyaluronic acid so every layer of skin gets the hydration it needs. Plus, there are ingredients like niacinamide included that help quell inflammation and correct dark spots from the acne scarring.
- Eco Your Skin Layering Essence Oily: this is specially formulated to have nano-sized particles that sink effectively deep into skin to bring moisture to fully quench skin thirst. We love that it also includes tea tree extract to help fight off bacteria, witch hazel that can help curb back sebum production and centella asiatica which is incredibly calming (it's a plant tigers roll around in to help heal their wounds)!
- We love the Aromatica Coconut Cleansing Oil and the Banila Co Clean it Zero cleansers because both completely dissolve makeup, even waterproof mascara, and best of all, neither one will leave that waxy or greasy residue on skin. Both are absolute cult-favorites. The Coconut Cleansing Oil is vegan, cruelty-free, EWG green, and uses mostly organic ingredients. The Clean It Zero comes in a sorbet like texture that melts onto skin and feels like a decadent experience. We recommend the Coconut Cleansing Oil for those with more sensitive skin.
- Lagom Cellup Gel to Water Cleanser: a clear gel-like texture that upon massaging onto skin turns into a watery texture and rinses off leaving behind super hydrated skin.
- Shangpree S-Energy Facial Mousse Cleanser: a gentle cleanser that does give you a bit of foaming action, but without the harsh ingredients that leaves behind radiant, bouncy skin.
Now that the root causes of acne have been considered, what else should you consider for acne?
Exfoliation: Keeping skin well exfoliated is important to keep pores free and clear to help prevent breakouts. Remember, the root cause of acne isn't necessarily because your skin isn't well exfoliated -- the root cause is likely more related to persistent inflammation, a compromised skin barrier, or some other factor -- but exfoliating does help. It's sort of like taking vitamin C when you're sick is going to help, but not taking vitamin C is likely not the root cause of why you got sick in the first place. But it does help!
Here are four cult-favorite exfoliators to consider:
- Peach & Lily Super Reboot Resurfacing Mask: 10% glycolic acid, 0.5% salicylic acid together completely degunks pores and resurfaces skin. This busts through the grime in pores and helps to keep skin clear and helps minimize breakouts. What's great is that a ton of soothing and hydrating ingredients are combined in this pro-grade mask, so that even the most sensitive skin can use the mask. You'll see instant results with this one.
- Be the Skin Non-Stimulus Face Polisher: this super gentle physical exfoliator luxuriously sloughs off dead skin cells through a gommage peel type action. The scent is subtle and delightful, the texture is grainy, but melts into skin while rolling away the dead skin cells. Skin is left, as promised, polished and new skin is revealed.
- Eco Your Skin Lavender Bedside Mask: this overnight sleeping mask is applied as a night cream, as the last step of your routine. A bit of salicylic acid works hard to degunk pores while you sleep and you wake up glowing. It's great for keeping skin soft and hydrated.
- Good Acids Pore Toner: looking for a gently daily exfoliating toner that'll keep pores clear but never overdo it? This toner was formulated specifically to always treat skin gently and with respect so that skin doesn't become raw or irritated.
Brightening up the dark spots: We get it. Once a blemish has gone away, it's frustrating to see that there's another issue to deal with. The scarring left behind. These products work fast to help make those dark spots go away.
- Mizon Mela Defense White Capsule Essence: lightweight, gel texture that sinks in super fast. Niacinamide helps correct dark spots while botanical extracts calm skin down.
- Be the Skin Purifying White Waterful Toner: niacinamide and licorice help brighten, green tea packs an antioxidant-punch, and skullcap root soothes.
- Aromatica Neroli Brightening Facial Oil: dry skin and breaking out? Try this brightening oil, it's a drier oil, so it's ideal for oily skin types, too. For dry skin, it's supportive of the lipid barrier while working hard to brighten up those scars.
- Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum: niacinamide to brighten, hyaluronic acid to hydrate, mountain yam and madecassoside to help combat inflammation and soothe, peach extract for vitamin and minerals and antioxidants, peptides to firm; altogether gets you poreless, translucent glass skin.
Your moisturizer matters: Don't clog pores with a moisturizer that'll undo all the great work. Here are two super popular moisturizers that'll keep your skin smooth-sailing.
Mizon All-in-one Snail Repair Cream: did you know snail mucin helps fight off bacteria, soothes, regenerates, hydrates and firms? This means, you get anti-inflammatory, brightening and anti-bacterial properties all in one. We're not surprised that this cream helped get rid of our founder's acne in two days!
Peach Slices Citrus Honey Aqua Glow: this moisturizer won the Teen Vogue Acne Awards for how it deeply hydrates and locks in moisture but without ever clogging pores. Citrus extracts also provide brightening benefits without drying out skin.
Spot treatments and masks: With a routine that isn't just about the spot treatments, but focused on proper cleansing, proper hydration and keeping skin clear of inflammation, breakouts should be dramatically minimized. But when they do pop up here and there, spot treatments to the rescue!
- Peach Slices Acne Spot Dots: these acne stickers have won multiple beauty awards (Teen Vogue twice!, Into the Gloss, Total Beauty and more) because of how quickly they work. Not all acne stickers are created alike; these stand out above the rest. In the words of Into the Gloss, these spot dots "are not the only pimple patches on the market. But they are the best."
We hope you found this article helpful! If you ever have any questions, you can email any of our licensed estheticians and cosmetologists at email@example.com, and one of our experts will be able to personally help you.
Cheers to radiance and clear skin!
Peach & Lily