Blemishes don't just stop at the chin. Unfortunately, zits can pop up through the body and bacne works very similarly to facial acne. Essentially, pores get clogged with gunk and an infection can happen. Some differences include that back pores can be larger than facial pores so the infections can result in bigger nodules or painful cysts.
Here are our top 5 tips to dealing with bacne:
1. Use a low pH cleanser that won’t harm your skin barrier to keep skin healthy and bacteria out. This Atopalm Moisturizing Facial Cleansing Foam can be used on the back for a deep clean without irritating skin. In fact, dermatologists in Korea recommend using this on bacne (and on eczema-prone skin on the body, too!)
2. Exfoliate gently to help keep dead skin cells off and to unglue the impurities. The Wish Formula C200 Bubble Peeling Pad is perfect for an in-shower treatment. It’s one-time use and bubbles up so much, it can be used head to toe. Packed with vitamin C and AHA, it helps exfoliate gently but powerfully. The best part, it’s also formulated with hydrating hyaluronic acid and soothing fermented extracts for a deep clean without leaving you dried out. This could totally change your bacne situation.
3. Hydrate without clogging pores. And while you’re at it, use a cream that also has anti-bacterial properties and properties to help with acne scarring! Enter the bestselling Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream.This cream soothes and really helps keep acne at bay while helping with scars go away faster.
4. To treat specific acne wounds, use a Peach Slices Acne Spot Dots sticker. Apply directly, leave on, and the spot dot literally draws out the gunk in pores. It’s oddly satisfying as you remove the sticker with gunk that you can visibly see drawn out of back pores. (Sorry, we know it’s gross, but your back will thank you!) Plus, the spot dots create a moist healing environment to help bacne go away faster.
5. You can also use salicylic acid to help cut through the lipids and get the sebum and dead skin cells in pores looser so that the impurities come out. Try this gentle blend of anti-inflammatory seaweed and salicylic acid in Mizon Seaweed Jelly Scrub to help exfoliate skin.
What are your favorite bacne solutions? Let us know below!