Staff Favorites: Our Top Ten Acne Solutions
Acne doesn't discriminate, it affects all skin types and tones, ages and genders. At Peach & Lily, you can bet that there are a lot of die-hard skincare fanatics who only entrust their complexions to the very best. We created our Clear Complexion Collections with a lot of we thoughtfully hand-picked after much vetting and testing. This kit is great for all skin types (oily to dry – yes, even dry skin can break out!). However, you may be searching for some extra boosters to add onto your acne arsenal to give it that extra measure of reinforcement. Here we break down ten other products we love for acne, we're pretty sure they'll become your favorites, too!
Ten Products Our Staffers Love for Acne
- April Skin Magic Stone
- Shangpree Black Rubber Mask
- Lagom Cellus Mist Toner
- C200 Bubble Peeling Pad
- Aromatica Rose Absolute First Serum
- Mizon Acence Blemish Out Pink Spot
- Mizon Snail Wrinkle Care Sleeping Pack
- Be the Skin Botanical Pore Toner
- Be the Skin Botanical Pore Serum
- Aromatica Tea Tree Balancing Foam Cleanser
Read why we love each of these products for preventing and treating acne.
1. April Skin Magic Stone – hand-made and all-natural, this soap uses a blend of oils to draw gunk out of pores. This soap went viral in Korea for removing even stage makeup easily and helping to clear out pores and breakouts. One staffer reported, “I was nervous about using a bar soap but it’s completely helped refine my pores and reduce the congestion in my t-zone that I’ve been experiencing in my forties!”
2. Shangpree Black Premium Modeling Rubber Mask – Korea’s top spa created this pore purging modeling mask and it always delivers results. Charcoal detoxes and extracts dirt and impurities from pores. Green tea, ginger and licorice fight free radicals and soothe skin. You even get a boost of firmness with this clarifying mask with collagen. “My skin veers on the oily side and my pores can look large, the active charcoal helps drank out all the gunk so they look smaller,” says our twenty something designer.
3. Lagom Cellus Mist Toner – DermaFlux, based on Nobel Prize winning science, keeps skin super hydrated deep within. Remember, skin fights off breakouts better when hydrated! Green tea also helps protect and repair skin to ward off bacteria. And if you have acne scarring, bergamot, grapefruit and orange oil help brighten skin. Finally, moringa oil helps heal damaged skin (and acne is a wound, so this is going to help). We also love that it comes in a hygienic mist bottle. Spritz after cleansing and throughout the day to strengthen skin for the fight against acne. “This is my desk side essential, I like to apply it throughout the day to refresh my skin, it hydrates and also keeps my makeup from looking cakey- even after a long day,” says our combo skinned digital content manager.
4. C200 Bubble Peeling Pad – Lactic acid exfoliates to unglue dead skin cells and helps keep skin clear. Packed with vitamin C to fight inflammation (which worsens acne) and help with acne scarring. “I have old acne marks that are really stubborn, using these pads every week has helped them to brighten up a bit faster,” says one customer service rep.
5. Aromatica Rose Absolute First Serum – the first ingredient is aloe, which soothes skin to calm it down before that breakout. Niacinamide fights inflammation and brightens dark spots and even P.I.E. (the red or pink spots after a breakout that is the sister-scar to dark spots that appears for some folks). “This serum is a miracle worker, my skin is much more even and smoother since using this. It really helped reduce the flaking I’ve been experiencing as well,” says one staffer in her mid-twenties.
6. Mizon Acence Blemish Out Pink Spot – one of our favorite spot treatments. The yellow layer uses AHA to exfoliate dead skin cells and slough away residue. It also contains BHA to cut through the sebum and loosen the clogged pores. The pink layer uses calamine to help reduce redness and irritation. The 1-2 combo is a thoughtful approach to both zap then soothe. “This is my go-to solution whenever a zit pops up, I apply it before I go to bed and by morning, my blemish is always reduced in size,” says a staffer who often experiences breakouts.
7. Mizon Snail Wrinkle Care Sleeping Pack – Snail mucin is a natural anti-bacterial and helps fight dark spots. This has 50% snail mucin and is a lightweight but hydrating skin-transformer. Apply, sleep, wake up with clearer skin. So easy. This is great for dry, normal and combination skin types. For oilier skin types, you may want to try out the sister hero product, the Mizon All-in-One Snail Repair Cream. “I hate the feeling of heavy creams so I loved that this formula sinks in quickly and feels comfortable,” says one sensitive-prone skin type. “It has improved the overall texture of my skin so it feels softer and brighter,” says she.
8. Be the Skin Botanical Pore Toner – are you struggling with excess oil production? Do you want to get rid of shine? Look no further. “I used to think that toner doesn’t make a difference, I was wrong. This is the best toner I’ve ever used, the gentle formula doesn’t strip my skin, it balances and leaves a soft matte finish, says a manager in her thirties who deals with oily skin. “It keeps my complexion from getting shiny but doesn’t leave skin tight and uncomfortable,” says she.
9. Be the Skin Botanical Pore Serum – All the amazing things you just read about the toner above but as a serum. If you need a serum to help nourish and hydrate, this along with the toner is the power combo for those with oily-skin and pore-issues. “First of all, this serum smells divine so I look forward to putting it on,” says one staffer. “The lightweight texture absorbs easily and helps control oil production so my skin doesn’t look slick by afternoon,” says he.
10. Aromatica Tea Tree Balancing Foam Cleanser – the first ingredient is this cleanser is aloe, it helps soothe while with antibacterial tea tree helps purify pores. In this unique vegan, organic formula, burdock and comfrey root extracts also soothes skin. “My skin feels clean without feeling stripped,” says one acne prone thirty year old. “My skin is no longer scattered with the rashlike pimples and deep cystic bumps I had been experiencing,” says she.