(Spoiler alert! Read until the end as there is a fun and huge giveaway that we’re doing!)
If you’re reading this and dealing with acne, raise your hand! If I were in a room with you all, I’m sure I’d see a LOT of hands.
We discussed here (catch our video on the root cause of acne here) that the heart of blemishes (and more serious and debilitating health problems) comes down to inflammation. A holistic anti-inflammatory approach could potentially go a very long way in combatting your acne. To fight inflammation, there are 5 practical things that we can do that may surprisingly help clear up your acne and will also definitely be good for your health.
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods + drink enough water since dehydration can produce an inflammatory response
- Sleep is essential, without adequate sleep, the body can have hormonal imbalances, too much adrenalin and cortisol, and insufficient time to repair itself
- Workout without going so overboard that you’re releasing tons of testosterone. Having said that, if you’re training for a sport or a hardcore athlete, by all means, go for it, but it’ll be helpful to know that perhaps this might be the culprit for your acne.
- Stress less. We’re all so used to stress that sometimes we don’t realize that we are even stressed, but your body feels it. Practicing meditation, gratefulness, some me-time can help soothe the mind. We’re big proponents of meditation – just a few minutes a day can go a long way.
- Use the right skincare products to combat acne. We put together a complexion clearing regimen for you, which is great for acne-prone skin whether you have dry, normal, oily, or combination skin. A toner and moisturizer are not a part of this kit as those are best selected by skin type. The kit includes most other parts of your acne-busting skincare routine and includes some must-have items.
All month long, we’re going to talk about the various elements of keeping inflammation out of our system. We encourage you to follow along and try the recommendations and expert tips that we’ll be sharing. We've made it even a bit more enticing to take the Clear Complexion Challenge with two special giveaways!
Tag us @peachandlily on Instagram or Facebook and use the hashtag #PLSkinGoals to show us how you’re getting your skin clear (whether it's a good-skin-day selfie, your acne-busting shelfie, a go-to spot to destress - we want to see it all!) for a chance to get regrammed and opportunity to win a $200 shopping spree on peachandlily.com along with a personalized Skype skin consultation with Alicia.
At the end of June, we would love for you to submit your skin story to firstname.lastname@example.org on how this month went for you! We want you to be real and discuss what worked for you, what didn’t. Tell us what you found challenging, but stuck to and how you changed some habits to instill better ones. You can submit a words-only story, a pictures-only story, a video, a combination, anything goes. We think sharing skin stories is so encouraging for others, so we will read through each story and pick our favorite one to share with our Peach & Lily community via our website and social! And to thank you for sharing your story with everyone, if you are selected, we will also be sending you a $500 American Express gift certificate plus a $500 Peach & Lily gift card!
This might be one of our biggest giveaways yet – but we know sharing isn’t always easy, but sharing skin stories is always so encouraging, especially when it comes to how you might have found a way to calm your breakouts. So this is our way of saying thank you!
We can’t wait for you all to learn more from the experts this month, to follow along, and to see hopefully clearer skin by month’s end. And we can’t wait to read your skin stories this month!! Cheers to radiance!
*Open to US Residents only. Giveaway #1 runs June 5th- June 30th 10am EST. Winner will be announced on 6/30/17. Giveaway #2 runs from June 30-July 31st. Winner announced on 8/4/17. This giveaway is in no way sponsored by any social media platform.