Lip tutorial: Clio's Lipnicure can do glam, shine, gradient, matte, and more
We love products that can multi-task and do different looks for what the occasion calls for.
Without further ado, here are five ways to rock the Clio Lipnicure and top coat:
1) A gorgeous matte pop of color: Take your Lipnicure and swipe one to two thin layers. And you’re all set. Easy as 1-2-3. Tip: for a more beautiful smooth texture, be sure to exfoliate lips beforehand.
2. Gradient/gradation lips: This is a big trend in Korea. A subtle pop of color in the inside of lips with it fading towards the outside of lips for a more natural and sweeter look.
To get this look, you dab the Lipnicure into the inside of the lip only. Then using a clean finger, slowly dab outwards before the Lipnicure dries. How much you dab outwards and how intense the color is on the inside will determine the intensity of the gradation/gradient. Extreme gradation can look chic and runway-esque (and can be made even more extreme by dabbing on powder, BB Cream, or foundation on the outer parts of the lips). And a subtle gradation creates for a more natural, slight flush of color.
3 steps shown above to get a super subtle gradation. Step 1: dab color on the inner lip area only. Step 2: Use a clean finger to slowly dab outwards. Step 3: Keep dabbing until Lipnicure dries, and then take a Q-tip and dab off color only on the very outermost area of the lips.
3. Total glam shine: Combine the Lipnicure plus the Top Coat. Instant super shine. We’ve never seen a gloss this shiny.
4. Combine looks 2 and 3 for gradation color plus shine: Simply add the top coat to the gradient lips that you’ve made using steps listed in Look 2, let dry, then add the Top Coat. One of our favorite looks for the super sweet yet sultry pout that lasts all day.
5. Top Coat fun on the lips…and the FACE: You can apply just the top coat onto the lips for a sheer shine (always such a sophisticated and clean look), or even mix into your BB Cream for a pop of radiance on the face. Celebrity makeup artist EJ Kim, featured in NYMag for standout makeup tutorials, uses the Top Coat for this trick. Works wonders!
Here’s one of our fave models, Thalita de Oliveira after EJ Kim applied the Top Coat + BB Cream onto a beauty blender and dabbed all over her face for extra radiance for a NYMag makeup tutorial.
Have fun wearing these looks out and look uber-fab for Fashion Week!
xo - Alicia